EPCs for Stoke-on-Trent and the surounding area.

As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate. The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020.
It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. A civil penalty of up to £4,000 will be imposed for breaches.
Holiday Lets
This category of building can cause confusion, namely properties for holiday rental.
Holiday Lets
An Energy performance certificate is required whenever a property is rented out unless the intention is to use the building for less than four months per year. This includes where a property is rented for holiday accommodation. If the property is subject to a rental agreement, that is, someone is paying for exclusive use of the property. A period of four months may be a total of individual bookings, whether for days, weeks or months. If the total is equal to, or more than one third of the year, then an EPC is needed. EPCs are not needed when individual rooms are rented out.